While perusing the various blogs I like to read, I enjoyed Laura’s post for today. I liked it so well, I stole the idea.
It’s been a long time since my last entry. Of late, the brain is just too tired to think of stuff to write. And dear readers, it may be a long time before another entry comes subsequent to this one. Fair warning! And so…here are a few pieces to update anyone who reads…
1) The semester is finished. I am exhausted. More so than has happened in the past. Summer session I starts May 23. Class: Theories of Human Nature. I am sure this topic is going to make me cranky. Summer session II starts July 9. Class: Ancient Rome. That sounds very interesting. If all goes according to plan (which it probably won’t), I will be finished with by BA in History by August 2008. Comin’ down the home stretch!
2) The food allergy problem is getting under control. I am leary of eating in a restaurant since the last time I ate out, I had a deviled egg and my throat felt all tight and swollen for two days. Of course…the deviled egg had mayo in it and mayo has soybean oil in it! Sigh.
3) Today I had the joy of having two of my younger Sunday school students visit for the afternoon. Their mom needed to work and their regular babysitter was unavailable. It was fun to have them around! I hope I can help again.
4) For the first time in my life, I have started marigolds and snapdragons from seed! And they are popping up from the dirt now! Amazing! Usually I kill plants not make them grow. Hopefully they will stay hardy enough to make it into the ground and bloom. Wouldn’t that be cool!?
5) I am considering the idea of letting my hair grow long. It has not been of any significant length since I was 12. LOL! Currently it looks similar to this but curly. I’m thinking of going to this. Of course, that’s a BIG difference! Wonder how long it would take? Guesses anyone? I’m thinking 3 years at least.