1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, absolutely! I love to wrap gifts and make them pretty.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Every year until this one it has been real but due to my high mold allergies we purchased a fake one. Everyone who saw it complimented it saying how “real” it looked.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The first weekend in December.
4. When do you take the tree down?
5. Do you like egg nog?
Yup, as long as it is homemade and nice and sweet!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Hmmm…this is a toughie to answer. I’d have to say the doll house my Dad made for me when I was 6. But it is a close tie with the miniature kitchen I had. I played with them both for a very long time.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, we have two that we put up. One is with only the Holy Family which I made 27 years ago. The other is one I found in an antique store and is my favorite.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Easiest person to buy for?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Hmmm…I can’t think of a single one.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
“It’s a Wonderful Life” and “Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus” and “The Peanuts Christmas Story”
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually before Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not a gift that was personally to me, no. But yes I’ve recycled gifts won at Christmas parties when playing games.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Home-made butter cookies. I need to learn how to make them!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
We put clear lights on the tree at the hubster’s instructions. He prefers them. I would like to put both; colored on the “inside” of the tree and white on the “outside.”
17. Favorite Christmas song?
“Lo’ How A Rose ‘Er Blooming.”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay at home, absolutely!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Umm…with a little prompting…maybe. I know Rudolph is in there somewhere! LOL!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel. My MIL collected angels and several years ago started giving assorted ones to family members. Our angel tree-topper is one she gave us many years ago and who is beginning to look a little frazzled. I guess 30 years perched on a tree can make one a little frazzled…but she’s so beautiful…and very special to us.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. In pajamas. With hot tea and warm Christmas Bread!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
That the Christmas decorations go up in all the stores on Nov 1. A day after Halloween. The constant Christmas music playing in every single store you go in. You cannot escape the noise!
23. Favorite ornament?
An ornament that belonged to my Aunt Bobby. It is a tiny cradle with a sleeping angel in it with cotton fuzz as a blanket. I remember it being on Aunt Bobby’s tree from when I was just a tot. Now it graces mine. I treasure it.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
25. What do (did) you want for Christmas this year?