- 18 x 24 newsprint pad – medium weight
- 18 x 24 white drawing pad – medium weight
- 18 x 24 black drawing paper – 1 sheet
- 18 x 24 grey toned paper – 1 sheet
- 8 x 10 sketch book
- vine charcoal – then
- jumbo vine charcoal
- compressed charcoal
- charcoal pencil
- conte: 1 soft black, 1 soft white
- pencils – 1 ea. design ebony, hb, 2b, 4b, 6b
- small acrylic brush – 1 inch
- sharpie marker – ultra fine
- scrylic white paint – 2 oz
- white plastic eraser
- grey kneaded eraser
- India ink
- sumi brush – round – bamboo handle
- artist tape
- glue stick
- 22 x 30 rag paper – 2 sheets
- storage bin/shoebox/tackle box for the above mentioned “toys”
Homework: Sketch still life self portrait. Use 3-5 objects that represent “me.”
To say I am excited about this drawing class would be a major understatement!! I am psyched!! I cannot wait to go to the store and purchase all of these little goodies. I dusted off the very few art items I had in the basement.
Do you think I can find my art tackle box that has ALL, I repeat ALL, of my charcoal, brushes, sharpener and watercolors?!?? NO…OF COURSE NOT! Argh! Now I must start from scratch. That is the major reason I hate moving…things get lost into the black pit of the universe never to be found again. Double ARGH!
But on the bright side…I get to buy all NEW things! Sigh! Oh joy! Oh bliss!
We have daily homework, to keep a sketch journal/diary. It is to be a collection of visual thoughts, things that inspire us, things we want to draw, a thumbnail sketch of something we saw or are thinking about. We will also have a weekly drawing assignment to show the class.
Sigh….did I say I was excited?!